Ford & Company General Insurance Brokers Ltd t/as Edison Ford (“Edison Ford”, “we”, “us”, “our”), our registered number is 2918350 and registered address is Unit 1, Armstrong Way, Great Western Business Park, Yate, South Gloucestershire, BS37 5NG.
- What information do we collect?
- Why do we process your information?
- How long do we keep information for?
- Who do we share your personal information with?
- How do we protect your personal information?
- Your personal data rights
- How to contact us
- Updating this privacy statement
1. What information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you when you provide this to us in the course of registering for and/or using our Services. This will include your name, address, email address, IP address, contact details, and other relevant personal information required to provide our Services to you. This might be, for example, to enquire about a quote for one of our services, etc.
In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our website, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our website through the use of Google Analytics. We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information. We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law (see section 3 which details how long we keep your personal information for).
It is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
Failure to provide adequate personal data as part of a statutory or contractual requirement will prevent you obtaining the Services you require from Edison Ford.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16. If you are aged under 16 please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
2. Why do we process your information?
Edison Ford processes your information under the following:
- In order to assess your circumstances and insurance needs for an insurance quotation
- Presenting information to insurers for the purpose of obtaining quotations and placing cover
- To confirm your identity
- To verify your eligibility to credit facilities
- To assist with administering and maintaining your policies which may also involve assisting with claims and enquiries
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Edison Ford as part of its legitimate interests which include: Fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, suppressions and managing opting out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, acquisitions, updating customer details and other core products and services provided by us
- Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data. For example, sending out marketing emails about other services within Edison Ford.
- To transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion.
- To enforce our terms and conditions
3. How long do we keep information for?
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to provide our Services. We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for 7 years after last contact with you. However we reserve the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of Edison Ford.
4. Who do we share your personal information with?
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
- Vetted affiliates and partners / Financial Institutions / Insurance Companies for business facilitation to provide required services, such as insurance cover, claims, etc.
- Formally contracted service providers to perform services on our behalf:
- Hosting Datacentres, Applications, Cloud Services
- Helpdesk, Call Centres etc.
We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf and authorise them to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- Credit agencies, Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies
- Prospective employers requesting references via your written consent
- We may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase and direct them to treat the data confidentially.
- As required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
On websites, features can be accessed where we partner with other entities that are not affiliated with Edison Ford. These include social networking, geo-location tools etc which are operated by third parties (indicated appropriately) who may use or share personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is recommended that you review the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features. Edison Ford reserve the right to transfer your information in the event of a sale or transfer (wholly or partially) of our business or assets, with reasonable efforts for the acquirer protect/use your information. You can exercise your rights to contact the acquiring entity with questions concerning the protection and processing of your information.
5. How do we protect your personal information?
The security of your personal information is very important and Edison Ford is committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use SSL encryption on all of our websites from which we transfer certain personal information and we have heavily invested in our office computer network to ensure it is secure and is to the standard set out by IT Governance Cyber Essentials.
Edison Ford stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
6. Your personal data rights
You may have the right to:
- obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you
- request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you
- receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information
If you feel that the information we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate, you can contact us outlining the information you feel is incorrect or inaccurate.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
Object to the processing of your personal information
If you would like to object to any processing of your information by Edison Ford you can contact us outlining what processing of information you would like to object to.
Have the information blocked, anonymised or deleted
If you would like Edison Ford to delete, block or anonymise information we hold about you, you can contact us outlining what information you would like deleted, blocked or anonymised.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request to access, update, correct or delete your personal information, please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
Opting out of processing
You can opt out collection of personal information by automated means e.g. when visiting our website or visit third-party websites and interact with our adverts, by using the Cookie Consent tool displayed in the website (the browser you use may provide options on how to opt out of receiving certain types of cookies). However, without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the website features and/or online services.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- unsubscribing via the “unsubscribe link” within the marketing e-mails you receive from us, or
- contacting Edison Ford as indicated below.
Withdrawal of consent
If we obtain your information by consent you have the right to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us.
If we process your information under legitimate interest you can object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information.
Edison Ford will apply your preferences going forward. Doing so will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Edison Ford and affiliate products, services and promotions.
The right to consent removal may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements and you will be informed appropriately.
If you are not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. How to Contact Us
- would like access and/or update information or preferences you provided to us
You can email us on email@example.com, or write to us as at:
Steve Keepin – Data Protection Officer
Great Western Business Park
9. Updating this privacy statement
We will update this statement from time to time so we suggest that you review this statement at regular intervals.
Last updated: May 2018
Why Edison Ford
- We do the hard work for you
- 25 years of experience
- Vast panel of insurers
- Free expert advice
- Simple quotation process
- Free quotes
- No obligation
- Cover tailored to you
- We’ll find you the best price